Answers from Our Experts (1)
The full-service Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong offers a slew of amenities within its own doors, from an old-fashioned barbershop to an onsite bakery. Here is our list of the best amenities at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel.
1. The Mandarin Barber. Not many hotels offer such a refined, Old World space dedicated to pampering its mostly male clientele (ladies can book a Shanghainese pedicure at the barber shop, but usually opt for the luxurious Mandarin Salon instead). Services include traditional shaves with hot towels, haircuts, facials and massages.
2. The IT butlers. Rooms at Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong are loaded with technology, including surround sound, touch-screen phones, wireless access and keyboards and one remote to control it all. The hotel’s friendly IT butlers are on hand around the clock to make sure it all works seamlessly.
3. The gym. The equipment at the hotel’s 24-hour fitness center is top notch, including a high-tech system that records your information to help you develop and maintain a fitness regime as you bounce from one Mandarin Oriental to the next throughout the world.
4. The bars. The hotel’s three bars are packed with locals on any given night, which speaks to their authenticity and the quality of the food and drinks offered. Choose from the clubby English pub The Chinnery, the small but raucous Captain’s Bar or the sleek and sexy M bar.
5. The bath products. All rooms at the Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong feature Hermés products, while suites have ample bottles of Aqua de Parma amenities. Turndown amenities vary on a nightly basis and can include a sample bottle of Hermés perfume to sample and take home. Of course, VIPs get showered with even more amenities.