Answers from Our Experts (1)
You’ll be treated to a number of luxurious amenities during your stay at The Peninsula Hong Kong in Kowloon, but we feel these are the five best in the bunch:
1. 3D entertainment. The newly remodeled accommodations at this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel are furnished with a swivel 3D Samsung flat-screen television and Sony Blu-ray player, but don’t worry if you didn’t bring any 3D movies or glasses with you: both are available for rent during your stay.
2. Electronic tablets. We loved the convenience of controlling the lighting, temperature, digital radio and television from one of three Samsung tablets provided in our guest room. The tablets also contain the hotel’s directories, as well as the kitchen’s lengthy 24-hour room service menu.
3. Charging station. Another product of this luxury Hong Kong hotel’s recent $59 million refurbishment project, bedside charging stations include plugs for iPhones, iPods and iPhones, Samsungs, LGs and most other widely owned handheld devices available in Asia, the United States and Europe.
4. Free Wi-Fi. You’ll have no trouble staying plugged in during your stay at The Peninsula Hong Kong since all rooms and suites include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi. Ethernet cables are also available in the work desk in case you need to literally plug in.
5. Amazing views. Finally, no matter which type of room you book, you can be assured of enjoying some spectacular scenery from your guest room or suite through floor-to-ceiling windows. Some rooms look out on the Kowloon cityscape, but we recommend the harbour view accommodations, which face Hong Kong Island and Victoria Harbour.