Answers from Our Experts (1)
Located in Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, Mandarin Grill + Bar offers unbeatable food and service. Here are a few things that help this restaurant top our charts:
1. It’s timeless. Old-school touches such as a champagne trolley make us feel like we’ve stepped into a black and white flick. Waitstaff in white dinner jackets adds to the charm.
2. The menu marries progressive gastronomy with grill classics. This may result in foam sauces and champagne gelatin. Don’t be scared. The focus here is on great food and gorgeous presentation and all the extras are just gravy.
3. It serves breakfast. If you’re staying at the hotel or looking for that perfect spot for an early morning meeting, the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star restaurant serves breakfast from 7:30 to 10 a.m. Monday through Friday. The breakfast menu offers traditional Western and Eastern dishes.
4. There are two tasting menus. Choose from the Gourmet Tour and the Experience Tour. If you’re looking to add a little something special, opt for the sommelier wine pairing, which is available upon request.
5. Private dining is lovely. Planning a private party? The Hong Kong restaurant can seat up to 14 people in a private room that features a view of the restaurant’s kitchen.