Answers from Our Experts (1)
Mandarin Grill + Bar offers cool twists on classic dishes, so don’t be surprised when you find yourself a bit intrigued by the items on the menu. You may want to try one of everything, if only to see the final presentation. But if you’d rather narrow down your options, here are a few of our favorite dishes:
1. Bacon and egg. This appetizer is made with 18-week Spanish suckling pig, organic duck egg, herbs and truffle jus. How you could say no?
2. Flower pot. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star restaurant’s signature salad is served in a terra cotta pot.
The chefs somehow managed to make “soil” taste good, and for that alone we love this salad.
3. Beef calotte. One of the signature main courses, the meat literally melts in your mouth. The side of smoked mash is the perfect new take on a traditional comfort food.
4. Sea bass. This French, line-caught fish is salt-baked and served with a side of splurge-worthy saffron risotto at the Hong Kong restaurant.
5. Soufflé. Nothing’s better than a perfect chocolate soufflé. Except maybe two.