Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Peninsula Spa Hong Kong takes unabashed pampering to a whole new level — it’s a people-pleaser of the first order. To experience a true escape while in Hong Kong, we suggest you indulge in these five over-the-top amenities at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star spa:
1. The welcome refreshment. You’ll be greeted with a divine little tea drink that features honey, ginger and some secret ingredients meant to aid digestion. After we slurped ours down, we were graciously given another without having to ask for it.
2. The saunas. Arguably the crowning glory of the Five-Star spa’s thermal suite, the separate male and female saunas have sweeping views of Victoria Harbor and, unlike many luxury spas, are located in a special area away from locker rooms.
3. The relaxation room. Bespoke lounges are lined up to take in views of the harbor and well appointed with luxe blankets and cushions. A word to the wise: Don’t skip the strawberry passion fruit juice available to guests.
4. The steam rooms. Also sectioned off from the locker rooms in the spa’s thermal suite, the crystal steam rooms employ the aroma of natural crystals to ensure you stay you loose-limbed and stress-free after your treatment and beyond.
5. The pool. The pièce de résistance at The Peninsula Hong Kong is the grandiose Roman-style swimming pool, which takes pampering to new heights, literally. Hotel guests can head to the top of the building for the ultimate in post-treatment relaxation. Take in the full-harbor view, sun terrace and spa menu as you unplug and unwind.