Answers from Our Experts (1)
There’s plenty to learn about The Houstonian Hotel, Club and Spa, but here are a few things you should know before you go:
1. The hotel is set among an expansive, secluded wooded property. Although it’s in the city, you’ll feel like you’re out in the woods while staying here, offering plenty of outdoor adventures to enjoy, including hiking, a running track and three glistening pools.
2. All-encompassing property. You don’t even have to leave the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel if you don’t want to, as there is a large health club that is one of the best we’ve ever seen. There is also the Trellis Spa on the property, and various restaurants to enjoy. With three pools and all the activities offered here, you might not need to go into town.
3. Access to the Houstonian Club. The hotel’s large health club offers fitness buffs everything they might want. You can really spend a full day here making use of all the complimentary workout classes, sports courts, personal training offerings, café, and more. Be sure to schedule in time to use the facility, as it’s one of the best parts of the hotel.
4. Three pools. It’s hot in Houston so you’ll want to take advantage of the hotel’s three pools, each offering a unique atmosphere, from sporty, to relaxing to active with a waterslide and waterfall. We say, if you’re going to be in the heat, you might as well be outside lounging by the pool.
5. Free shuttle. The hotel is located not too far from the Galleria shopping mall and neighborhoods offering dining, entertainment and shopping. Just take advantage of the hotel’s complimentary shuttle that can take you to various places nearby by calling the front desk or stopping by the concierge to get the schedule and make an appointment.