Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re heading to Atlantic Beach to stay at One Ocean Resort & Spa, here are five things you should know:
1. Book an Oceanfront Room. It’s well worth splurging for a room with a balcony that gives you a breathtaking panoramic ocean view. We wholeheartedly enjoyed watching the sunrise over the sea from our perch, admiring the true vastness of the Atlantic.
2. Take advantage of the docent service. What sets the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel apart from other hotels is the personalized docent service that offers complimentary shirt pressing, shoe shining, unlimited non-alcoholic beverages and snacks and a personalized butler who will attend to your every wish.
3. The bathrooms are tiny. They’re definitely well-equipped and come stocked with great smelling H20+ amenities, but for a luxury hotel, the bathrooms are noticeably small (i.e., two people cannot fit inside at the same time).
4. It’s family and pet friendly. The kids will love the activities at the Sea Turtles Kids Club, which occasionally also include week-long events, like a week-long culinary camp where the little ones learn the ins and outs of being a gourmet chef. The pool and beach will keep them busy, and room service caters to them with a selection of tasty bites. Also on the room service menu, you'll find tuna sashimi and foie gras pâté as well as bowls of sparkling water, should you be traveling with Fluffy and Fido.
5. You’ll have to pay for beach chairs. Although the pool chairs are free for you to use, there’s a surcharge if you want to sit out on the beach. Accordingly, most guests just lie out on towels, as the wooden beach chairs themselves aren’t quite as plush as those by the pool. But definitely spend some time on the gorgeous white sand, and keep your eyes peeled out for sea turtles as the female loggerhead species will leave the sea at night to deposit her eggs on the beach. Just know it’s illegal to touch any sea turtle, and if you see one washed up upon shore, call the Beach's Sea Turtle Patrol.