Answers from Our Experts (1)
One Ocean Resort & Spa serves a range of international and Floridian-inspired bites, but we think these dishes are the best things to eat and drink at the Atlantic Beach hotel:
1. Cornmeal-crusted soft shell crab at Azurea. One of our favorite appetizers and a sort of Floridian take on Southern shrimp ‘n’ grits, this dish pairs a crunchy, cornmeal crusted soft shell crab with Tasso ham grits, fava beans and strips of piquillo peppers.
2. Seared blue crab cake at Azurea. Moist and flavorful, perched atop a bed of braised collard greens, this meaty crab cake is a great way to start your meal. If you’re dining at Azurea for lunch instead, don’t miss the crab cake sandwich, which comes slathered with a delectable smoked tomato remoulade.
3. The Adventurous Palate tasting menu at Azurea. Those with curious palates might want to consider this regularly changing five-course tasting menu, which runs the gamut from foie gras to yam gnocchi. We highly recommend going for the additional wine pairing, which will only set you back an additional $20.
4. Florida avocado and blue crab tian from room service. We love this appetizer, which is available under the Rebalance section of the Extra Sensory menu. A generous portion of perfectly sweet crab is served in a magnificent orb surrounded by thin slices of silky avocado.
5. Bartender’s choice at Lobby Wine & Coffee Bar. You won’t find a drinks list at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel’s main bar, located just off the lobby. But Hugh, the affable bartender, will whip you up any drink you desire based on your flavor preferences. Pull up a stool for a lively start to any evening.