Answers from Our Experts (1)
After a luxurious stay at One Ocean Resort & Spa in Florida, these words come to mind when we describe the resort’s style:
1. Aquatic. As you might expect from a beachfront hotel, you’ll find shell-like sculptures and decorative elements throughout the resort, from sea glass and porcelain decorations in the spa to the seaweed-inspired sculpture-fountain from artist Joe Simmons commanding attention in the lobby.
2. Soothing. From your bedroom to the lobby to the gym, the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is awash in shades of turquoise, azure, cream and light brown, creating a calming, coastal setting in which to kick back and relax.
3. Cheerful. One of the best things about One Ocean is the helpful and gregarious staff. The hotel offers a personal docent service, so if you need anything — from shoe shining to more snacks in your mini-bar — simply call them and they’ll attend to whatever you need. Your wish is their command, and service is always with a smile.
4. Airy. The luxury hotel’s expansive, cream-colored marble lobby is spacious and open, with ample comfy sofas and armchairs. Or pull up a stool at the lobby bar and people-watch to your heart's content.
5. Scenic. Definitely spring for an oceanfront room here, as you’ll be treated to outstanding panoramas of the Atlantic. The magnificent slate blue waters crest atop one another, splashing up onto the white sandy beaches cradled by green, grassy dunes. Looking at the water makes you realize just how vast the world really is.