Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re headed to Azurea, located inside One Ocean Resort & Spa, you’ll definitely want to order at least one of these five dishes (or an iteration of them if they’re no longer in season since the menu here changes with the weather):
1. Cornmeal crusted soft shell crab. One of our favorite appetizers and a sort of Floridian riff on shrimp ‘n’ grits, this dish pairs a crunchy, cornmeal crusted soft shell crab with Tasso grits and piquillo peppers.
2. Jumbo seared blue crab cake. Moist and flavorful, perched atop a bed of braised collard greens, this meaty crab cake is a great way to start your meal.
3. Line-caught Florida cobia. You should definitely try some local fish while you’re down in Jacksonville, and cobia is an excellent one. Here it’s simply grilled and served with a daily side, making it an excellent choice.
4. The Adventurous Palate tasting menu. If you’re hungry and, yes, have adventurous taste buds, definitely consider ordering this regularly changing five-course tasting menu, which runs the gamut from foie gras to yam gnocchi. We highly recommend adding the wine pairing, which will only set you back an additional $20.
5. Mignardises. Ok, you won’t actually have to order these because they come gratis at the end of your meal at the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended restaurant. But we had to highlight the pastry kitchen’s excellent chocolate-making skills. We adored our tray of three chocolate bonbons, which were filled with salted caramel, a peanut butter-banana ganache and a cookies & cream filling. Perfectly portioned and downright delectable, they ranked among the best things we sampled all evening.