Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re planning a trip to Kansas City and staying at Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Raphael Hotel, here are five things you should know before you go:
1. There’s a restaurant on property. It’s good to know that there’s Forbes Travel Guide Recommended Chaz on the Plaza on site, where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you want to switch things up and try something else, you’ll find plenty of options just across the street and over the Brush Creek (there’s a lovely little foot bridge you can crossover) that will satisfy whatever you’re craving.
2. It’s not located downtown. This Kansas City hotel is not located downtown but not too far either — it’s just a quick drive to downtown and other popular spots. It’s right by the Country Club Plaza, which is the shopping, restaurant and entertainment district, where you can just walk to and enjoy shopping and dining.
3. There’s live music nightly. You’ll find live music every evening in Chaz on the Plaza and during weekend brunch. When we were at the luxury hotel, a fabulous jazz group was playing and all we had to do is take the elevator down to enjoy it. The Raphael also showcases live jazz and other performances, weather permitting, from May through September on the patio as part of the outdoor summer entertainment series Strings on the Green.
4. You won’t find a pool or a spa. This boutique hotel is outfitted with a decent-size fitness center but you won’t find a pool or spa. It’s a great hotel if you’re traveling on business or pleasure and are planning on spending a lot of time outside of the hotel, although you’ll want to stay in and enjoy the restaurant as well as the beautiful lobby.
5. It’s in a historic building. This beautiful historic building has been The Raphael Hotel since 1975. Though it’s decorated to match the modern times, it retains a vintage feel. It’s charming, comfortable and clean and has everything you’ll need but is not super modern. And that’s what we love about it.