Answers from Our Experts (1)
When staying at Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Raphael Hotel in Kansas City, be sure to check out these top amenities:
1. Keurig coffee maker. Right in your room, you’ll find a Keurig coffee maker with a choice of coffee and teas to keep you caffeinated during your stay.
2. The restaurant with live music. If you’re looking for a little entertainment, venture down to Chaz on the Plaza for daily live music — everything from jazz to more modern sounds. (The Raphael also offers live music on the patio from May through September as part of its summer entertainment series Strings on the Green.)
3. Complimentary coffee and newspapers in the lobby. The lobby is beautiful and full of charm — so you’ll want to relax a bit and take it all in. Each morning off each elevator bank in the lobby, you’ll find free coffee set up and newspapers by the front door. Grab some, take a seat and relax for a bit, watching people come and go.
4. Fitness center. Although the gym is on the smaller side, it’s spacious enough to get in a workout. And with Precor cardio machines, free weights and circuit machines, you can still get your heart pumping. You’ll also find plenty of towels, snacks and water for when you’re ready to cool off.
5. Fire pit in the courtyard. The courtyard patios right in front of the hotel feature a fire pit surrounded by tables and chairs. You can order up some snacks and wine to enjoy during the day or at night while taking in the pretty scene across the way of Brush Creek. There’s also complimentary Wi-Fi so you can set up your laptop and get in some work while taking in some fresh air.