Answers from Our Experts (1)
There’s plenty of great things to eat and drink while staying at Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Raphael Hotel as all the food comes from its fabulous chef Charles d’Ablaing at Forbes Travel Guide Recommended Chaz on the Plaza, the onsite restaurant. So here are the best things we think you should eat during your visit:
1. Fried green tomatoes. Inspired by the chef’s Southern background, these tomatoes are delish. Served with creamed spinach, tomato chutney and Parmesan, you’ll want to come back for more. They’re some of the best we’ve had.
2. Diver-caught scallops. The preparation changes periodically to take advantage of seasonal, locally sourced ingredients, but the dish's latest incarnation puts the scallops with housemade cornbread croutons, macerated grapefruit, chives, ramps, cauliflower and grapefruit emulsion.
3. Truffle macaroni and cheese. A comfort food and favorite of many, this is made with three-year aged Henning’s cheddar, tomato, chive and truffle oil. It’s a great dish to share before your entrées.
4. Chilean sea bass. This light and flavorful fish is served on top of a dish of corn chowder that is so creamy and flavorful that you’ll want another bowl of just the chowder.
5. Crème brûlée. The dessert menu changes frequently, but you can always count on crème brûlée making an appearance. The newest version is vanilla with a burnt-sugar crust and sweet-tea-poached blackberries.