Answers from Our Experts (1)
The American Club offers some amenities that children (and parents) are sure to love, especially the five we’ve listed below. Note that 16-and-over policies apply at both Kohler Waters Spa and the Carriage House accommodations. However, children are welcome to stay within the main building at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel.
1. The American Club offers the Kohler Kidz package, which starts at $404 for two adults and one child for two nights. This family-oriented package welcomes kids with a plush toy, baseball hat, select meals, treats and free bike and ice skate rentals. There’s also a camp for kids aged 4-12, which allows you to drop off the kids for the day while you relax in the spa or on the greens.
2. The newly renovated Sports Core health club, about a half a mile away, let’s kids cut loose on a man-made beach, splash around in the indoor family pool or play tennis. Outdoor winter sports around the resort include snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and ice skating and sledding at Ravine Park.
3. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Kohler Waters Spa offers a special Mom and Me nail deal that includes a $25 manicure or pedicure for girls ages 8 to 15 when Mom schedules the same treatment at the same time. Girls are treated to a fruit smoothie while they get their nails done, plus they’ll take home a mini beauty bag and bottle of nail polish as part of the package.
4. The River Wildlife private reserve offers a wide range of outdoor fun for kids, including canoeing along the Sheboygan River and, for kids 12 and up, horseback riding. Families must purchase a day pass to the private wilderness reserve in order to book activities there.
5. The American Club rents out bikes, which are perfect for exploring the Old Plank Road Recreation Trail, a 17-mile paved path that runs along State Highway 23 — all the way from the Lake Michigan shoreline to the charming hamlet of Greenbush. Helmets, maps and box lunches are available for this family-friendly adventure.