Answers from Our Experts (1)
Encore at Wynn Las Vegas — and its sister hotel Wynn Las Vegas — are somewhat of a mini Vegas considering everything they both offer. But the actual city that surrounds you at both is full of even more Las Vegas-exclusive activities that you’ll want to experience. Here are the best things to do near Encore.
1. Gamble. Wynn Las Vegas has its very own casino that overlooks the garden and pool, so you don’t need to travel too far to try your luck at one of its 66 tables. But if you’re an experienced gambler, you might want to try hopping from one casino to the next to test your luck. Some of the standouts include, but are not limited to, Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Bellagio and MGM Grand Hotel & Casino.
2. Dine at Forbes Travel Guide Four- and Five-Star restaurants. Encore at Wynn Las Vegas is home to Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant Sinatra — a must-try eatery based on convenience and quality. Overall, Sin City has become a fine dining destination with incredible restaurants on practically every corner. Try Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Joël Robuchon at MGM Grand, Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Picasso at Bellagio or Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Twist by Pierre Gagnaire in the Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas. You’re a quick 10-minute car ride away from some of the best food you’ll ever eat — at least in the Southwest, anyway.
3. Shop ’til you drop. Fashion Show Mall, which is brimming with mainstream shops and designer boutiques alike, is less than a 15-minute walk from Encore. Many of the hotels on the Strip offer high-end shopping, including Encore, so if the Esplanade doesn’t house your favorite boutique, another mall down the street definitely will.
4. Take a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon. The concierge at Encore will help arrange a romantic copter ride over arguably the most majestic national park in the U.S. Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters has been facilitating these rides since 1995.
5. See free shows. You really don’t have to spend a dime to see some of the best attractions on the Strip. The Fountains of Bellagio is a spectacle with flashing lights, gushing water and choreographed music, while the Volcano at The Mirage is a 54-foot man-made volcano that erupts with lava and smoke. There are countless others, including, but not limited to, The Sirens of TI at Treasure Island Hotel & Casino and the Lion Habitat at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino.