Answers from Our Experts (1)
It may be difficult to decide which outfits to pack when you’re traveling to a city where practically anything goes, but we suggest you take the strong suits of Encore at Wynn Las Vegas into account and go from there. Here are the five things you should be sure to pack for a stay at this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel.
1. Swimsuit. The pools at Encore and Wynn Las Vegas are both beautifully appointed. Rent a cabana or stretch out on a pristine white lounge chair. Palm trees and flowers surrounding the area give it a tropical feel, but they’re anything but remote being located in the middle of all the action.
2. Sweater. Especially during the summer months when Las Vegas sees its highest temperatures, establishments like the casino at Wynn Las Vegas and all of the restaurants crank up the air conditioning. If you arrive in a strapless number, you’ll be quite chilly indoors.
3. A dressy outfit. Between the restaurants in Encore and those in Wynn Las Vegas, there are enough glamorous venues here for weeks of fine dining. Even if you only have time for one special meal, you'll want to dress approriately — and if your post-dinner plans include one of Encore's world-class nightclubs, up the "wow" factor just a bit more.
4. Extra room in your suitcase. It’s likely you’ll be dipping into many high-end boutiques and department stores when you’re in Las Vegas. They’re everywhere, and there’s a great selection in the Esplanade so you won’t have to travel very far. Alexander McQueen, Chanel and Manolo Blahnik are among the offerings. Needless to say, you’ll bring home more than you arrived with.
5. Comfortable shoes. Dressing to impress only goes so far when a lot of walking is involved. You’ll probably be doing a great deal of walking from one end of Wynn Las Vegas to the other end of Encore, as the sister hotels rely on each other for amenities, and heels aren’t the best footwear choice.