Answers from Our Experts (1)
With so much to see and do in Las Vegas, you’ll need to pack the right stuff for a stay at Skylofts at MGM Grand. Don’t forget to bring these items to the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel:
1. Pool gear. Swimsuit, sandals, sunscreen, sunglasses (preferably the blinged-out kind) are all necessities. While staying at Skylofts, you’ll want to make time to hit MGM Grand’s luxurious pool complex. Guests at Skylofts have complimentary access to the pool, which features waterfalls, fountains, a lazy river and lush foliage. The pool at the MGM Grand is something of a tropical paradise with poolside dining and private cabanas available for rent. As a guest at Skylofts, you’ll also have complimentary access to Wet Republic, MGM Grand’s pool club and sun deck that’s perfect for dancing the afternoon away, cocktail in hand. If you want to be part of the scene, you’ll want to have the appropriate pool outfit (read: your boring black one-piece from 2002 simply won’t do here).
2. A camera. In addition to all the sights in Las Vegas, the panoramic views from your loft are photo-worthy, so be sure to pack your camera. (We often take photos of hotel interiors as well, for design ideas.)
3. Your iPod. Every loft comes equipped with iPod docking stations and a wireless remote that controls playback from anywhere in the loft. Though the hotel has a great assortment of CDs available on loan, bring your own iPod and playlists to host a party with your music in your room. Your guests will love the surround sound and 24-hour room service.
4. Something dressy. If you’re planning to dine at the Five-Star Joël Robuchon, you’ll want to dress accordingly (men will want to bring a jacket). Most of the other restaurants within MGM Grand are business casual. You’ll also want something fun if you’re hitting the hotel’s cool lounges or trendy bars.
5. A good read. You’ll have plenty of relaxing places to curl up for a good read at Skylofts. We recommend flipping your pages at the Japanese soaking tub at the Sky Spa, in your infinity bathtub or by the MGM Grand pool.