Answers from Our Experts (1)
When you’re thinking of booking a room at The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, it’s nice to arm yourself with a little info before taking the plunge. Need proof? Here are five things we think you should know about the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. The Italy theme. The hotel does a terrific job evoking its namesake Italian city. Luxury is ramped up at every turn, with marble everything, world-class restaurants and luxuriously large suites. Every restaurant in the complex features a patio area, mimicking the experience of dining al fresco in Italy. The Grand Canal is the centerpiece of the Four-Star hotel. It draws guests from all parts of the Strip with its gondola rides and singing gondoliers.
2. The luxe spa. The Venetian and its sister hotel, the Palazzo, share the Canyon Ranch SpaClub, which presents a host of top-notch massages, facials and wraps. After a night of gambling, you can recoup with one of these signature spa treatments: the deep barefoot massage, a conditioning body scrub or the ultimate hydration facial.
3. The restaurant options. Although you’ll find more than 20 restaurants from celebrated chefs like Thomas Keller, Wolfgang Puck and Emeril Lagasse, The Venetian puts its best offerings right in its “restaurant row.” There, you’ll find Valentino, Canaletto, Pinot Brasserie, Aqua Knox, V Bar, Delmonico Steakhouse and B&B Ristorante.
4. The Grand Canal. Stroll along a cobblestone walkway or take a ride in an authentic Italian gondola. Sure, it’s kind of kitschy, but The Grand Canal on the second floor of the hotel helps make The Venetian what it is — an ornate nod to Venice. You can join a group on the canal for $16 a person or shell out $64 for a private voyage.
5. The shopping. The Grand Canal Shoppes will give you plenty to do — and you don't even have to leave the hotel (which can be a good thing, considering the hot Vegas sun). Head here to browse upscale shops like Banana Republic, Dooney & Bourke, Christian Louboutin and Jimmy Choo.