Answers from Our Experts (1)
Wynn Las Vegas is conveniently located on the north end of the famous Las Vegas Strip, where you’ll find many of the city’s best restaurants and casinos within walking distance. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel sits beside the Encore resort, so you’ll find plenty to do and see without ever stepping foot off the Wynn Las Vegas resort grounds. You’ll find day and nightclubs, about 20 different restaurants and Le Rêve – the Dream from Cirque du Soleil — a world-class show performed in an aqua theater-in-the-round exclusively at Wynn Las Vegas. When you’re ready to venture out, here are the five best things to do near Wynn:
1. Shop until you drop. You’ll find fabulous shopping at both Fashion Show Mall and The Shoppes at The Palazzo. Both of these shopping centers offer luxury boutiques, department stores and gift shops for finding that perfect souvenir or indulgence. If you’re looking to drop some cash, you’ll find great offerings from stores such as Barneys New York, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and more.
2. Get authentic Chinese food in Chinatown. Nearby is Las Vegas’ own Chinatown on Spring Mountain Road, an area popular as a dining destination for locals and tourists alike. If you’re looking for authentic Chinese food, this is where you’ll find it. You can also take in some traditional Asian culture and browse through shops. You’ll also find the area easily as it’s marked with a Chinese arch.
3. Encore Beach Club. Open from sun up to sundown, one of the Strip’s best pool party locations is perfect for soaking up some rays around the beautiful people. This daytime club features three pools, daybeds and cabanas with flat-screen TVs and refrigerators. Rent a luxurious bungalow, which comes decked out with infinity hot tubs and private bathrooms. You can enjoy the surroundings while some of the hottest DJs around spin some tunes.
4. Ride the monorail. Get the best view of the Strip — from above and away from all the foot and vehicular traffic on the Las Vegas monorail. The closest stop to hop on nearby is at Harrah’s/Imperial Palace. A one-way trip starts at only $5, and will take you down to the end of the Strip.
5. Take in the Fountains of Bellagio. No trip to Las Vegas is complete without seeing the iconic Fountains of Bellagio. Used as a backdrop for many films, find the spectacular water, music and light show just to the south of the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel on the Strip at Flamingo Road.