Answers from Our Experts (1)
Bouchon takes famous chef Thomas Keller’s terrific French cuisine and brings it to you in a more relaxed bistro atmosphere. We think you’ll love the combination of ambience and food; here’s a list of the five best things to order at the Las Vegas restaurant:
1. Chicken and waffles. This ingenious dish combines the best of lunch and breakfast: You’ll get roasted chicken alongside a bacon and chive waffle topped with Tahitian vanilla bean butter and chasseur sauce. It’s a perfect early morning combo.
2. French toast. Where better to have French toast than in a French bistro? The morning staple is prepared bread-pudding style with warm layers of brioche, custard and apples, and maple syrup drizzled on top.
3. Croque madame. The classic croque madame sandwich tastes especially rich here, thanks to thick brioche slices, a fried egg and a heavy but tasty Mornay sauce.
4. Gigot d’agneau. Lamb isn’t for everyone, but if you’re a carnivore, this roasted leg with lemon-braised escarole, hen-of-the-woods mushrooms, toasted quinoa and lamb jus will make your mouth water.
5. Bouchon pastry basket. Choosing among the housemade sticky buns, almond brioche and cheese Danish is a lot like having to pick your favorite child, so don’t play favorites. Just order them all and savor each one.