Answers from Our Experts (1)
Mizumi (it’s a popular female name in Japan) is a chic Japanese restaurant located in the heart of Wynn Las Vegas on the Las Vegas Strip. Five things you should know about the restaurant are:
1. The menu is rather expansive, so prepare to spend a few minutes reading it before you order, as it can be a bit overwhelming. This is the type of place to which you can return several times and never run into the same meal — though you may want to.
2. Those who just want to stop in for a “mini meal” will be completely satisfied ordering some of the small-portioned dishes. In fact, many diners go for drinks and appetizers, or a wide selection of sushi and sashimi choices, before a show or a night gambling in Las Vegas.
3. Rising star chef Devin Hashimoto mixes classic Japanese dishes including tempura and teriyaki with interesting fresh platters and innovative dishes like the Mizumi roll, which is packed with Maine lobster, avocado, tamago, soy paper, wasabi and yuzu mustard aioli.
4. Mizumi also features classic entrees including sushi and sashimi, robatayaki and other selections prepared over authentic Japanese charcoal grills. There are also teppanyaki offerings.
5. A few of the best dishes are traditional ones, such as dobin-mushi soup with sea bass, shrimp, shimeji, mushrooms, yuzu and bonito-kombu dashi. Chef Hashimoto has also created a 72-hour braised American Wagyu short rib “kakuni” with creamy satsuma potatoes, fava beans and shiitake ragout in red wine miso sauce.