Answers from Our Experts (1)
Mizumi at Wynn Las Vegas has a menu that deserves a slow read because it’s large, innovative and interesting. Five of the best things to order are:
1. Baked sweet miso-marinated black cod ($34). It’s a substantial piece of fish served with stuffed baby eggplant, sumiso sauce and pickled ginger.
2. Seafood inaniwa pasta ($35). The uni butter sauce is a rich, delicious glaze over scallops, king crab, octopus, roasted tomatoes and lime. Just make sure to order an interesting appetizer because the portion is small.
3. Angus beef sirloin and black truffle teriyaki ($35). Sizzling meat drenched in truffle teriyaki is flanked by green beans, baby corn, maitake mushrooms and baby carrots.
4. Shrimp and vegetable tempura ($28). Even if you don’t indulge in fried foods often, this is worth the calories. Shrimp and seasonal vegetables including sweet potatoes, asparagus, zucchini, cipollini onions, shiitake mushrooms, Japanese eggplant and carrots are golden and served with delicious spicy dipping sauces. Those who want to skip the shrimp can order vegetable tempura ($20), which offers the same seasonal veggies plus extras including green beans, lotus root, baby corn, summer squash and kabocha squash.
5. Robatayaki (various prices). This dish is best as an appetizer because it consists of skewers of highly spiced meats and veggies with dipping sauces.