Answers from Our Experts (2)
You’ll be treated to a number of luxurious amenities during your stay at Falling Rock at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort. Here are our favorite five perks of staying at this elegant hotel.
1. The Pillow Menu: Fluffy goose down pillows are just the beginning at Falling Rock, as you’ll have the opportunity to choose from 10 options ranging from buckwheat hull to Mediflow water pillows – and we love that a personal butler brings them up at turndown.
2. The Bath Menu: Your customized in-room experience doesn’t end with pillows, as you’ll be able to order special baths be drawn for you from a list that includes bath salts and bubbles. Just let your butler know when you’ll be back from dinner, and the tub will be waiting, along with rose petals and candles in the bathroom.
3. Butler Service: Speaking of the butler, while checking in at the luxury Farmington hotel, you’ll be introduced to your 24-hour assistant, who will be on hand to handle everything from unpacking your luggage to making dinner reservations. He or she even provides wake-up services, such as pulling back the drapes and bringing you a newspaper and cup of coffee in bed.
4. Men’s Locker Room: Both the women’s and men’s locker rooms in Falling Rock are sleek and well-equipped, but the men’s locker room is a full-fledged man cave with pool tables, arcade games and an outdoor balcony; it is, indeed, no standard showers-and-combination-locks affair. Men and women alike should be sure to stop by in the evening, when it’s transformed into a buzzing co-ed lounge.
5. Aqueous: This sophisticated restaurant is perfect for just about any dining occasion, from catching a quick gourmet breakfast to enjoying a long, romantic dinner. Sweeping views of the golf course are a bonus, as is the small private dining room and, for traveling families, the kids menu.
1. Our bedding - escape to the most beautiful sleep of your life. Indulge in a Sterns and Foster mattress, 10-option pillow menu, 1,200-thread Egyptian count sheets and hand sewn chenille bedding.
2. Our Cookies and Milk Turndown, which includes oversized semi-soft cookie made with Belgian chocolate chips, baked with a crisp exterior while maintaining a soft inner layer, and a chilled pint of local milk from Turner’s Dairy Farm here in Pennsylvania, served in our very own Fat Bird glass milk jug. All cookies are made fresh daily and delivered warm.
3. Falling Rock’s Sunset Terrace features an infinity pool heated to 84 degrees with a vanishing edge that overlooks the 18th hole of the PGA-tour tested Mystic Rock golf course. Architect David Merritt, designed the pool location specifically so that guests can lounge poolside while taking in the beautiful mountain surroundings and experience a spectacular Pennsylvania sunset. The infinitely pool at Falling Rock is reserved for Falling Rock guests only.
4. Our locker rooms are incredible.
5. Our Swiss pralines and Champagne at check-in.