Answers from Our Experts (2)
Of all the accommodation options at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, we feel that Falling Rock at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort is best suited for adults and couples on a luxurious getaway. Of course, that doesn’t mean that kids aren’t welcome at this luxury hotel, but you and your kids may have to venture to other areas of the resort to experience all of its best kid-friendly amenities. Here are our five favorites:
1. Evening Milk and Cookies: Though not necessarily an amenity specific to kids since, well, adults love cookies too, nightly turndown service at Falling Rock includes a giant cookie and ice-cold milk, the perfect treat for sharing (or not).
2. Kidz Klub: Located at the center of the resort, Kidz Klub is one of a few programs targeted for guests aged 4 to 15. Your kids will hardly notice you’re gone as they participate in a variety of fun activities such as swimming, miniature golf, arts and crafts and much more. Lunch is also provided. Available in full and half-day packages, Kidz Club requires 24 hours advance notice for reservations and cancellations.
3. Kidz Pool: Kids will love splashing around in the Kidz Pool, open Sunday through Thursday from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., and Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
4. Little Tykes Ropes Course: Perfect for kids who love climbing around jungle gyms, the Adventure Center features the Little Tykes Ropes Course for kids ages 4 to 8, which has three obstacles and a 120-foot zip line.
5. Wildlife Academy: This resort’s Wildlife Academy is the place to make your animal-loving tot’s dream come true. Kids will learn all about the world of mammals, reptiles and birds while seeing them up close and personal. They can even take pony rides, which are only available by appointment.
While no guest is ever turned away at Falling Rock, the exclusive, secluded and luxurious experience that Falling Rock provides is best suited for couples and adults. But, if you choose to bring the kids, Falling Rock has a number of amenities they will love. For our guests with children, our bath menu features a Children Bath, complete with a rubber ducky and plenty of bubbles. Falling Rock also offers complimentary cribs, board games and our Cookies & Milk turndown is not only popular with the adults, but children, too. Nemacolin Woodlands Resort also offers children’s programs such as Kidz Klub, an innovative club for kids with supervised activity and entertainment, available in full and half-day programs. They’ll learn, play and most of all, they’ll never notice you’re not there! The Indulgence Desk associates and Butler Coordinators are also available to assist parents in scheduling private babysitting services, which include trusted childcare professionals who will come to your guest room, so that mom and dad may enjoy an evening alone.