Answers from Our Experts (2)
Falling Rock in Southwestern Pennsylvania is truly unique — with one-of-a-kind amenities and a level of service you won’t find anywhere else. We like a lot about the hotel, but here is a list of the five things we love most:
1. You’ll never be bored. Nemacolin Woodlands Resort is a sprawling resort jam-packed with things to do. It’s a family vacation wonderland, but adults will also be interested in the eclectic collection of activities and sights on the property — a piece of the Berlin wall is displayed, for instance.
2. The bath menu is to die for. Choose your bath salts from fragrances like rosemary and mint, let your butler know what time you’d like it, and return to your room from dinner to a honeymoon-worthy display. The 210-gallon tub is filled with bubbles, candles surround the tub and rose petals are strewn on top. There’s also a kids bath option, with bubbles and, of course, rubber duckies.
3. Milk and cookies — need we say anything more? Nightly turndown comes with milk and cookies delivered to your room. The cookies are chocolate chip — soft in the middle and crispy on the outside — and the milk is placed in your mini-bar until you’re ready.
4. The pool is gorgeous. The hotel's triangular infinity pool has great views — don’t miss the chance to look out over the Mystic Rock golf course and surrounding woodlands from the deep end or a lounge chair.
5. The butler service takes it over the top. The already luxurious property and friendly staff confirm that Falling Rock is a great place to stay, but the butlers make it really special. Each guest meets their butler at check-in and can call on him or her for anything they need — the friendly butler staff will unpack for you, press clothing and bring you coffee in bed, or if you prefer, they’ll completely leave you alone.
1. The stunning architecture - inspired by the design of “America’s Most Famous” Architect, Frank Lloyd Wright, Falling Rock opened in August 2004 and was designed by architect David Merritt. Incorporating Wright’s legendary style of organic architecture through design, structural elements and furnishings, Falling Rock seamlessly blends into the surrounding nature, creating a sense of warmth and charm. Wright believed in geometric shapes; therefore, throughout the property you will notice the use of the triangle shape.
A shape that designer, Merritt, used to signify the “rock.” All features throughout the hotel were designed for the hotel from the lighting fixtures down to the amenity boxes in each guest room.
2. The unparalleled Butler Service - Falling Rock guests receive 24-hour complimentary Butler Services. These professionally trained butlers provide incomparable attention to guest needs. A sampling of their services may include: check-in and check-out details, unpacking and packing of luggage, traditional English wake-up services consisting of complimentary breakfast beverages, drawing of the curtains, weather report and review of your personal itinerary, 24-hour in-room dining service, milk and cookie turn-down, ironing and steaming of garments, shoe shining, golf spike detailing, and arranging of airport transfers.
3. Aqueous Restaurant - Driven by the Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired architecture that permeates Falling Rock, Aqueous imparts the aspects that set Wright apart from his peers into a special dining experience, while enjoying a panoramic view of the Mystic Rock Golf Course and surrounding Laurel Highlands. The cuisine at Aqueous takes the upscale steakhouse concept to an entirely new level. The menu features American cuisine using the finest selection of ingredients found in the United States, with a strong focus on small regional farms. Unlike traditional steakhouses that offer diners a selection in the cut of meat, Aqueous offers guests the opportunity to fine-tune what they ideally consider "the best cut" by selecting aging styles. The attire is resort casual.
4. The Incredible Views - Falling Rock overlooks the 18th hole on the PGA-tour tested Mystic Rock Golf Course. Find a lounge chair poolside or rent one of our six private cabanas that overlook the infinity pool with its’ crystal blue water and vanishing edges that run seamless into the breathtaking views of Pennsylvania’s Laurel Highlands, or simply relax on your suite balcony and let your butler take care of everything else.
5. Mystic Rock Locker - World-class.