Answers from Our Experts (2)
Falling Rock at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort is just 70 miles outside of Pittsburgh, but this luxury hotel located in Pennsylvania’s Laurel Highlands feels like it’s in its own world. You’ll have a chance to do everything from fine dining to fly fishing, so here’s our list of five things to pack for your stay:
1. Workout Clothes: The resort offers plenty of opportunities to be active, from hiking trails that wind around the 2,000-acre estate to climbing walls and ropes courses, not to mention a fully equipped gym. Make sure you have the correct attire to take part.
2. Formal Jacket: A trip to Falling Rock wouldn’t be complete without dinner at the elegant restaurant Lautrec, where jackets are required for men. We recommend dresses or nice pants for women, and note that jeans and tennis shoes are not allowed.
3. Golf Clubs: Nemacolin Woodlands Resort is a haven for golfers, a place where you can take advantage of Mystic Rock, the par-72 course that used to be a stop on the PGA Tour, along with the property’s original The Links course. Looking to pack lighter? You can also rent Nike golf clubs when you get there.
4. Swimsuit: There are several pools around the resort, including an adults-only lap pool in the spa and a family-friendly pool with a waterslide, but spending an afternoon at the triangular infinity pool at this luxury Pennsylvania hotel is a must. Float around or just lounge poolside while basking in views of rolling golf greens and the Allegheny Mountains in the distance.
5. Comfortable Clothes: The cozy rooms and suites might tempt you into lolling around in bed all day, but you’ll also want something easy to wear to your appointment at the Woodlands Spa. Once you check in you’ll be given a super-soft microfiber robe to change into, but a comfortable outfit will already have you in the mood to relax.
Although, the Heritage Court Shoppes at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort offer all the amenities a guest would ever need, we would suggest to not leave home without first packing the following:
1. Bathing suit
2. Activity gear/active wear for the Adventure Center amenities.
3. Evening wear or cocktail attire, which is requested for Lautrec restaurant. A men’s sports coat/jacket is required for dining in Lautrec.
4. Golf attire
5. Your camera!