Answers from Our Experts (2)
Along with its remote location in Pennsylvania’s Laurel Highlands, the Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired design of Falling Rock at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort makes this beautiful hotel feel like an upscale lodge. Here are the five words we’d use to describe the style:
1. Cozy: From the plush lounge seating in the lobby to the rust-colored chenille bedspreads and padded headboards in the rooms, Falling Rock’s décor is welcoming and warm.
2. Geometric: Taking a cue from renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright, the hotel’s design features a multitude of geometric shapes, especially triangles, from the exterior of the building – the zigzagging façade means every room has a corner window – to the abstract artwork on the walls.
3. Casual: While the service and amenities at this luxury Pennsylvania hotel are top-notch, the natural materials, warm colors and wooded surroundings give Falling Rock a relaxed vibe.
4. Natural: Earth tones are the colors of choice in Falling Rock’s décor, with natural materials like wood and stone also used throughout the hotel that give it a sense of harmony with the forested location.
5. Intimate: With only 42 guestrooms the hotel is certainly on the small side, and personal butler service makes the experience feel even more private. You’ll be called by name at Falling Rock, and amenities like the pool and gym are only available to you and other guests of the hotel.
World-class, modern, romantic, scenic and private would best describe Nemacolin Woodlands Resort’s Falling Rock boutique hotel.