Answers from Our Experts (2)
For the ultimate Five-Star fine dining experience, Lautrec is the créme de la créme — not just in Southwestern Pennsylvania, but nationwide. While there's a lot to love about this luxury Philadelphia-area restaurant, there are a few things to keep in mind before you make the trek out to Lautrec.
1. For your convenience, Lautrec is open nightly for dinner — except Monday, when the kitchen is closed. If dinner at Lautrec is high on your vacation "to-eat" list (and it should be), be sure to call ahead for reservations, as this dining destination tends to get crowded, especially on weekends.
2. One thing to keep in mind when dining at Lautrec is that there isn't an option to order items á la carte. You must choose from the four-course prix fixe menu or the eight-course chef's tasting menu. Wine pairings are available for an additional cost and are highly recommended, since in-house sommelier Holly Smith is at Lautrec nightly. So be sure to bring your appetite.
3. If you have dietary restrictions, don't worry — you won't have to miss out on a meal at this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star restaurant. Lautrec offers a vegetarian menu nightly, as well as a wellness menu, designed for those who prefer healthier options for their dining experience. If you have any allergy issues, inform the restaurant when booking your reservation and the chef will be more than happy to create a personalized menu for you.
4. Another stunning part of Lautrec is its gorgeous curved bar where you can order up a number of delicious cocktails. While you can't order dinner from the bar, a dessert tasting menu with champagne is available for only $15, should your sweet tooth strike while sipping on a cocktail. Or just saddle up to the bar and enjoy dessert, simply because you can.
5. If you're curious about the way in which Lautrec chef Kristin Butterworth crafts her delicious culinary creations, a chef's table is available to take advantage of during your dining experience. Get a behind-the-scenes look at the kitchen to see how carefully and artistically your meal is put together. Trust us, it will make your food taste that much better.
Lautrec, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort's Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star restaurant, offers European-style cuisine made from the finest ingredients found locally and internationally. The restaurant design celebrates the life and work of French post-impressionist artist Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, through Moulin Rouge-themed interior design and six original Lautrec lithographs. Lautrec's dress code is business, cocktail or evening, with a jacket requirement for gentlemen. Denim and athletic wear are not permitted. Your dining experience at Lautrec will be lengthy and should be considered your entertainment for the evening. In an effort to make your experience at Lautrec remarkable, we strongly recommend that you make reservations by contacting a resort reservations specialist at 800-422-2736.