Answers from Our Experts (1)
The historic Capital Hotel in Little Rock is a character-filled, 94-room property that is pure Southern charm in hotel form. Here’s what you should know before you visit:
1. It’s more than 140 years old. Opened in 1870, Capital Hotel has been serving guests since shortly after the Civil War. In fact, President Ulysses S. Grant was once a guest.
2. It’s impossible to choose between One Eleven at the Capital and the Capital Bar and Grill, so visit both for a meal. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is in the rare position of having two excellent dining venues and, if forced, we absolutely can’t choose between them. Which means you’ll have to make time to visit both during your stay.
3. The Capital Bar and Grill has blue plate specials for lunch that offer an ideal introduction to Southern cuisine: Monday is red beans and rice; Wednesday has fried chicken; Thursday features a delightful pork barbecue sandwich.
4. It offers complimentary transfers to and from the airport. Sure, it’s only a 15-minute ride away, but even that short jaunt is taken care of by the Little Rock hotel. You’ll be picked up by a driver and seamlessly escorted across the city in style.
5. There’s a trolley out front. Yes, an actual trolley! As if the hotel itself wasn’t enough of a time capsule, visitors can hop on the Little Rock trolley and see plenty of the city’s sights from a comfortable seat inside.