Answers from Our Experts (1)
An array of extra amenities comes with a stay at 45 Park Lane, a luxurious boutique hotel in London’s Mayfair neighborhood. Here are five of the best:
1. The Media Room. If it’s available, consider booking the media room, a private dining space with a 103-inch Bang & Olufsen television screen, surround sound and giant armchairs.
2. The Library. Located on the first floor, this room offers a cozy spot to curl up in front of a flickering fireplace with one of the large art books on the shelves or newspapers on the coffee table.
3. The Brompton bicycles. Guests who want to take a spin in neighboring Hyde Park can borrow one of the hotel’s cruising bicycles — easily identifiable in their signature purple color. We suggest bringing along a few bread rolls to feed the ducks.
4. The free in-room refreshments. We love when hotels provide bottled water in the rooms — 45 Park Lane goes the extra mile by offering complimentary still and sparkling water, as well as apple and pear juices.
5. The playful snacks. Instead of a standard bowl of welcome fruit, 45 Park Lane offers its guests more unique snacks. On our first day, we received grapes, a peach and a handful of chocolate-and-yogurt-coated raisins; the second day we were offered popcorn and miniature brownies.