Answers from Our Experts (1)
The five things to know about 51 Buckingham Gate, Taj Suites and Residences are:
1. Westminster location. First-time visitors to London will revel in the hotel’s quiet yet prime location just steps away from Westminster Abbey and not too far from Buckingham Palace.
2. Separate residence buildings. Some of the rooms, such as the Kings suites, are housed in a separate building from the lobby. That means guests can often come and go as they please during their hotel stay, without having the reception, concierge or door staff as a touch point.
3. Old elevators. Older elevators are more of the rule than the exception in London, but those at the luxury hotel are rather small and worn. They are shared by service staff and guests alike, resulting in long waits for those on higher floors.
4. Fully equipped suites. All suites, even the basic type, are exceptionally well-equipped with a full kitchen that includes fridge, freezer, stovetop oven, dishwasher and a plethora of dishware and cooking utensils. The washer/dryer in the kitchen doesn’t hurt either.
5. Cocktail hour. Guests of the London hotel shouldn’t miss the Library’s daily complimentary cocktails and canapés, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Curl up with a book and a free flow of wine, beer and cocktails.