Answers from Our Experts (1)
The best things about 51 Buckingham Gate, Taj Suites and Residences are:
1. Enormous suites. Even the lowest room type is huge by London standards, with a separate sitting area and a gigantic bathroom that includes two heated towel racks, a large glass-walled shower and a deep tub.
2. DVD library. A booklet of hundreds of available DVDs is placed in each room, ranging from thrillers to children’s favorites to Bollywood films. As an added bonus, staff will be happy to bring up complimentary popcorn and soda with the movies.
3. Fully equipped kitchens. All suites, even the basic type, are exceptionally well-equipped with a full kitchen that includes a fridge, freezer, stovetop oven, dishwasher and a plethora of dishware and cooking utensils. A washer/dryer is also provided in the kitchen, with detergent and fabric softener.
4. Cocktail hour. Guests of the luxury hotel are invited to partake in the Library’s daily complimentary cocktails and canapés, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. There is a free flow of wine, beer and cocktails and a sampling of three delicious canapés.
5. Staff’s warm demeanor. We love being welcomed to our new home upon checking in, and reception, Library and concierge staff really do go out of their way to make guests feel like they’ve been residents for ages.