Answers from Our Experts (1)
Guests should be aware of five key things before booking a stay at Charlotte Street Hotel:
1. Only one restaurant. Oscar is the exceptionally popular restaurant open for breakfast, with cooked items and a Continental buffet, lunch and dinner. Depending on preference, guests should be sure to avoid or attend the noisy restaurant during the after-work hours, when media types fill the bar area, spilling onto the sidewalk and into the lobby.
2. Limited leisure facilities. No pool or spa is on-site, and the gym consists of a few cardio pieces and low-impact equipment in a smallish room on the lower ground level of the hotel. Guests do have access to the more extensive fitness and spa facilities at sister property Soho Hotel, however.
3. Location. The hotel is located on — what else? — Charlotte Street in London’s Soho neighborhood, which means excellent restaurants are just a hop and a skip away and retail-haven Oxford Street is just a few blocks from the hotel’s doorstep.
4. Sunday film club. For 35 pounds per person, hotel guests and members of the public can enjoy a Sunday film in the 67-seat cinema on the lower ground level of the hotel, along with a meal at the buzzy Oscar restaurant.
5. Mini-bar in room. The mini-bar is extensive and includes multiple half-bottles of wine and Champagne, beverages like coconut water and elderflower spritzer and extras such as a mud mask. Guests should be warned, though, that there are no complimentary coffee or tea facilities in the room, and a bottle of water is only provided during turndown service.