Answers from Our Experts (1)
The best things to eat and drink while visiting Charlotte Street Hotel are easily the following:
1. Fish and chips. Indulge as the locals do on the hotel’s beer-battered cod and chips, served with pea purée and tartare sauce. It’s available in the restaurant or for room service.
2. Afternoon tea. Settle beside the log-burning fireplace in the hotel’s drawing room for the Bloomsbury afternoon tea, including macarons, fruit tarts, scones with clotted cream and preserves, and a selection of sandwiches such as chicken and tarragon mayonnaise.
3. Oscar Breakfast. Order any cooked dish — like the delicious eggs Benedict or Florentine — and complement it with the Continental buffet selection that includes four cereals, four kinds of milk, gourmet potted yogurt and plenty of fresh fruit.
4. Lady Charlotte. The hotel’s signature cocktail available at the Oscar restaurant is a take on the classic white lady, and includes Bombay Sapphire gin, Maraschino liqueur, egg white and apricot purée.
5. Champagne Breakfast. Why not pair your morning meal with a glass of bubbly? This meal comes with smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, strawberries and a divine glass of champagne.