Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are five fabulous things about the unique 52-room Charlotte Street Hotel in London:
1. Film-centric hotel. Not only does each room contain a DVD player and flat-screen, with an in-house library of hundreds of contemporary, foreign and family DVDs to borrow on a complimentary basis, but the hotel also has a 67-seat screening room below the lobby, complete with red leather seats and a popular Sunday film club.
2. Drawing room. The comfy and light-drenched drawing room just beyond the lobby offers overstuffed sofas, an eclectic décor and an all-day honesty bar with cakes and beverages for guests to enjoy at their leisure.
3. Fresh British design. The interiors by Kit Kemp take their cue from the Bloomsbury artists of the 1920s, infusing the hotel with colorful and inviting furnishings, wood paneling and a combination of luscious textures like the taupe herringbone fabric coating the walls of some guest rooms.
4. Miller Harris and Templespa amenities. The bathrooms are furnished with British-brand Miller Harris bath amenities, while guests are presented with Templespa massage oil as a welcome gift and scented pillow spray as a turndown amenity.
5. Location. It doesn’t get more buzzy than Soho’s Charlotte Street, with too many hip restaurants literally flanking the hotel to count. Shopping mecca Oxford Street is just a few minutes away on foot, with plenty of local cafes and newsstands to keep guests fueled as they venture about.