Answers from Our Experts (1)
We’d use the following words to describe the design style of Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Corinthia Hotel London:
1. Parisian. We can’t help but think of the city of romance in the public areas, which feature mirrored walls, oxidized metal panels with colorful butterflies and an eclectic mix of velvet and leather wingback armchairs.
2. Glamorous. The lobby lounge at this luxury London hotel is anchored by an enormous round chandelier composed of 1,001 Baccarat crystals, bathing the crowd in glittering light beneath a glass dome that also lets in the sunshine.
3. Heritage. The Victorian-era building features a façade made of white Portland stone, and nods to its history in the 1800s with black-and-white photographs of garment tailoring and bespoke suits in the guest room corridors.
4. Peaceful. The Four-Star hotel enjoys a quiet location on the corner of Whitehall Place, with an interior courtyard of olive trees, stone fireplaces and cushioned sofas providing a lovely respite from the city.
5. Luxurious. Modern artwork and sculptures are displayed throughout the hotel, along with riotous bouquets of fuchsia moth orchids. The standout is the enormous bronze panel behind the reception desk with the Thames River pathway carved into it, as well as the desk itself carved with an impression of the cityscape from the riverbanks.