Answers from Our Experts (1)
You thankfully don’t need to understand a single thing about cricket to stay at Dorset Square Hotel, which has a quirky cricket theme throughout. But here are a few things you should know about this boutique property:
1. Every room is different. Each of the 38 rooms at the Dorset Square Hotel features a different décor style, so you most likely won’t see the same theme twice.
2. Like we said above, it is mad for cricket. The hotel sits on the original location of Thomas Lord’s first cricket ground, so you’ll find cricket trinkets everywhere. There are framed bats on the wall, a uniform hanging in the Potting Shed Restaurant, and cricket balls used for doorknobs.
3. It has six sister hotels in London. If you fancy afternoon tea at Haymarket Hotel or dinner at the Soho Hotel’s Refuel restaurant then you have an advantage by being a guest at Dorset Square Hotel.
4. It sits between the Baker Street and Edgware Tube stations. That gives you access to the Hammersmith, Circle, District, Jubilee, Bakerloo and Metropolitan lines between the two, an impressive array of options for getting around the city.
5. The staff is well connected. We hit up the front desk for information about local museum exhibits, afternoon teas and directions and got heaps of helpful information, including insider tips we wouldn’t have otherwise known about.