Answers from Our Experts (1)
It’s easy to find a lot to love about this small boutique property, and we think you’ll agree that these five features are the best of the best at Dorset Square Hotel:
1. The arrival. You’re not just a number at Dorset Square Hotel. Expect your arrival to be an event, with a hand-written note from the hotel’s manager, a gift of aromatherapy cream to help you sleep, and a printout detailing events of interest happening around London.
2. The Drawing Room. You don’t have to be a fan of Downton Abbey to appreciate a space like this. With comfy furniture and a large fireplace, you don’t need an excuse to take a break from work or sightseeing in here. There’s also an honor bar available for drinks, and food from the Potting Shed restaurant can be brought directly to your armchair.
3. The size. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed in a city as big and busy as London, which is why the intimate size of the Dorset Square Hotel — it has just 38 rooms spread through a Regency townhouse — is a refreshing change of pace.
4. The location. Being close to two Tube stations and popular attractions ranging from Madame Tussaud’s to enormous Regent’s Park gives the property an edge when it comes to launching tourists into the city.
5. The dining and drinks. The Potting Shed restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon tea and also provides all the dishes for the 24-hour room service menu, which is modern British cuisine at its best.