Answers from Our Experts (1)
The five best amenities at the homey and luxurious Dukes in London are the following:
1. In-room mini-bar. Not only are the mini-bars stocked with premium spirits, wines and unique goodies like shortbread and coconut water from Thailand, but the price list has cocktail recipes listed on the back, in case guests want to mix together a nightcap before bed.
2. Windows that open. The large bay and picture windows in the guest room open all the way up, allowing guests to let in the fresh air. The hotel’s location in a private courtyard off a discreet lane ensures that street noise is kept to a minimum.
3. Hotel bicycles. The hotel offers its guests logoed bikes with blue frames and a wire-mesh basket in the front, allowing them to take a leisurely turn around nearby Green Park.
4. REN toiletries. The bathrooms at the hotel are stocked with toiletries from London brand REN, free of chemicals or artificial colors and with a pleasant neroli grapefruit scent.
5. Dukes Bar. The wood-clad bar off the lobby has a clubby atmosphere, with waiters in white tuxedo jackets preparing what some deem the best martinis in the world, tableside. Novelist Ian Fleming was a famous frequenter of the bar, so do check out the James Bond-themed cocktails.