Answers from Our Experts (1)
Dukes offers unique and discreet accommodations, along with top-notch service. Here’s what we love most about this luxury London hotel:
1. Dukes Bar. The bar was a famous haunt of author Ian Fleming, resulting in a James Bond-themed set of cocktails that includes superlative martinis. These are prepared tableside by bartenders in white tuxedo jackets and are a must for any visitor.
2. Friendly and sophisticated service. Hotel staff is smartly clad in navy blue suits and provide warm, efficient service. They’re quick to greet guests by name, obtain a taxi and offer a fresh pot of tea upon arrival.
3. Location. The hotel is located on its own private courtyard off a discreet lane by St. James Square. Just around the corner is a shortcut lane to Green Park, while posh Mayfair is just a few blocks north.
4. REN toiletries. The bathrooms are furnished with a variety of bath products by London-based brand REN, with essential oils like jojoba and bergamot and a pleasant neroli grapefruit scent.
5. Hotel bicycles. Do as the locals do and borrow one of the hotel’s logoed blue-framed bicycles for a leisurely ride around nearby Green Park or Hyde Park. Mesh-wire baskets are included to store a small snack, and the bikes are available on a complimentary basis.