Answers from Our Experts (1)
Before you book your flight for London, here are five things you should know about Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London:
1. The dresscode at the luxury hotel is trendy upscale. That’s especially true in Mandarin Bar.
2. The fitness center is discreetly hidden on the floor with the spa. Spa attendants are happy to assist you in locating it if you go during spa operating hours; otherwise, ask the concierge to escort you.
3. There’s a private entrance reserved just for royal guests … and a few lucky newlyweds. If you’d like a peek, ask concierge staff to show it to you.
4. The property is very internationally friendly. It offers hundreds of television channels all categorized by language, international cuisine on the the in-room dining menu, and a bar menu at M Bar with pages categorized by region of the world. The options are sure to make you feel at home, wherever your home may be.
5. There’s no need to fight the Changing the Guard crowd. The Royal Horse Guards pass by the property on their way to Buckingham Palace. If you have a north facing room, you can see them right from your window; if not, make your way outside to watch from the sidewalk or ask for a window seat at the London hotel’s Dinner By Heston Blumenthal at breakfast.