Answers from Our Experts (1)
Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London offers plenty of luxurious amenities, but here are our favorites:
1. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London. The soothing spa experience is an amenity not to be missed.
2. The location. While not a hotel amenity per se, the proximity to Hyde Park — a green oasis offering a place to relax away from the bustling Knightsbridge streets — is second to none. To take a piece of the luxury hotel with you, ask the culinary staff to create a special picnic lunch for you to enjoy in the park.
3. Mandarin Bar. Conveniently, one of London’s places to see and be seen is right downstairs from your room. Mandarin Bar offers plenty of eye candy — a sea of textures, colors and beautiful clientele. The menu is organized by regions of the world where other Mandarin Oriental hotels are located, with an extensive list of cocktails, beers and wines. Be sure to ask one of the knowledgeable servers for assistance to narrow down the options to your new favorite beverage.
4. The wine cellar. Bar Boulud’s wine cellar is an amenity in itself. Consisting of varietals from Daniel Boulud’s favorite winemaking regions, you’re sure to find a glass or a bottle to suit your desires. If you’re a solo traveler, we recommend dining at the charcuterie counter where you can watch the action in the kitchen while you enjoy your dish and fine wine pairing. If prompted, the servers will even tell a good story or two about the wine served.
5. The ballroom. If you’re looking to plan a private event, Four-Star Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London’s exquisite ballroom is certainly an elegant option. With a private entrance, foyer and coatroom, exclusivity is a guarantee. The best part is its access to the Mandarin Terrace, which offers panoramic views overlooking Hyde Park.