Answers from Our Experts (1)
Don’t land in London without knowing these five essential facts about One Aldwych:
1. It’s located in the heart of London’s theatre district. Taking in a West End show is easily a within-walking-distance way to spend your evening, and the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel’s concierges can easily get you tickets to whatever you want to see.
2. The afternoon tea has a floral theme. One Aldwych has its own florist on staff and he’s put to good use at the afternoon tea, which has a floral theme — you’ll still get the usual tea and small sandwiches, but also unique items like vanilla panna cotta with violet leaves and a rich chocolate marquis with orange blossom jelly. It proves to be a particularly colorful affair especially when London is at its grayest.
3. It’s well-equipped for kids. One Aldwych might look like the kind of place that would be off limits to the younger set, but it’s actually well prepared for the needs of young visitors. Babysitters are just a button-push away on your phone, and both Indigo and Axis restaurants have special children’s menus (as does your in-room dining menu). You can also order up games, movies and CDs from the concierge for pint-sized entertainment.
4. You can rent a laptop or use an iPad free of charge. If you find yourself in need of a tech boost, Four-Star One Aldwych provides complimentary laptops to connect to the hotel’s strong Wi-Fi, and in the Lounge at One you can play with an iPad at your leisure.
5. The Lounge at One is a great place to hide out. This secret (it’s accessed through a door that blends in to the wall) guests-only space is the perfect place to quietly get some work done, relax with a One Aldwych iPad, or simply kick back and enjoy a drink in a tranquil atmosphere.