Answers from Our Experts (1)
One Aldwych is a modern hotel that knows the importance of maintaining classic amenities. Here’s our list of the five best to check out while you’re at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. The Lounge at One. Looking for a quiet place to do some work away from your guest room but not quite ready for the Lobby Bar? One Aldwych has created the ultimate solution with its Lounge at One, which is a guests-only space with plenty of seating, lots of silence and amenities like a host who is at your beck and call for food, drinks and even an iPad to play with.
2. The turndown service. Four-Star One Aldwych takes regular turndown up a notch with several thoughtful touches such as a card suggesting two local events to check out near the hotel, not to mention a thorough description of the London weather, so you can dress accordingly. Then there’s the copy of Change the World 9 to 5, which offers 50 ways you can change the world after your good night of sleep.
3. The Lobby Bar. Classic cocktails and expert mixology are on hand at One Aldwych’s sophisticated Lobby Bar, which has soaring two-story ceilings and some of the most lavish floral arrangement you’ll ever see. It’s easily one of London’s top spots for a well-made drink.
4. The entertainment guide in your room. Mixed in with the directory and in-room dining menu is an entertainment guide that lets you make the most of what the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star property has to offer for distraction. The concierge has an entire CD library you can explore as well as a games library, if you’re traveling with little ones. There are also plenty of movies to choose from if you want to hunker down and take advantage of your plush king-size bed.
5. The pool. This is a can’t-miss amenity: One Aldwych’s pool is a monstrous 56-foot chlorine-free lap pool that takes the “work” out of your workout thanks to mood lighting and an underwater sound system that pumps in soothing music for all of your hard-earned strokes.