Answers from Our Experts (1)
The modern One Aldwych hotel has plenty to recommend, but we’ve narrowed it down to a list of five that make this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel a must-see:
1. Staff’s knowledge of the area. There is a lot going on in London no matter when you visit, and the staff at One Aldwych can tell you exactly what to do and see while you’re there. Name a museum or theater, no matter how obscure, and the concierge can tell you what’s on and how to get tickets.
2. Film & Fizz. There’s no need to leave One Aldwych for a movie when you can nab a spot in its screening room and enjoy a cocktail or glass of Champagne while taking in the latest blockbuster (“Skyfall” is a recent offering). The hotel offers movie packages that change with the seasons. For example, the recent Film & Fizz overnight package includes a movie, a glass of Lallier Grand Reserve Champagne, dinner at Axis restaurant and an overnight stay.
3. The Lobby Bar. You’ll notice that much of the action at One Aldwych takes place at the large, open Lobby Bar, where a light menu of food and an extensive list of cocktails are available throughout the day, and where you can enjoy a traditional afternoon tea on Saturdays.
4. The Health Club. There’s nothing Edwardian about Four-Star One Aldwych’s approach to fitness, as the hotel boasts an impressively modern fitness space that is packed with TechnoGym equipment and includes a giant chlorine-free lap pool with underwater music system. You can also book spa treatments, linger in the steam and sauna rooms and get advice from a personal trainer.
5. The flowers. The stark, open spaces of One Aldwych act as the perfect backdrop to the stately and impressive floral displays created by the hotel’s on-staff florist. You’ll be awed by the creations in the Lobby Bar, and the simple arrangements of orchids in the Lounge at One.