Answers from Our Experts (1)
The 245-room St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel is a mix of modern and historical features that promise a unique experience in London. Here’s our list of the five best amenities to check out while you’re there:
1. The grand stone staircase. It’s not an amenity in any sense other than it has to be seen. The hotel’s original architect Gilbert Scott designed the staircase, and it often plays host to photo shoots and magazine spreads. Bring the camera.
2. It’s just steps from the Underground. The King’s Cross/St. Pancras station is next door to the hotel, so you’re not walking more than half a block before you’re considering which line to take.
3. The concierges. Whether you’re stumped by a simple question or have more elaborate desires, the concierge staff is exceptionally helpful and knowledgeable, especially when it comes to train-related information.
4. The Booking Office Bar and Restaurant. This space was literally the booking office for the train station once upon a time, and today it makes for a charming place to people-watch as travelers and hotel guests alike mingle in this sleek, high-ceilinged space.
5. The Moroccan-tiled pool. This large oval pool in the basement by the hotel’s spa is so quiet and private, it feels like an indoor oasis.