Answers from Our Experts (1)
Before you pack your bags for this lovely Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel in London, here five things to know about The Egerton House Hotel:
1. Rooms are a bit small. The hotel has 28 rooms in two side-by-side Victorian townhouses, which means rooms and bathrooms tend to be a bit tight.
2. The décor is traditional. While rooms run the gamut from flouncy country style to more neutral-toned design, they all skew towards a traditional English look.
3. You might hear your neighbor. While quaint, the older buildings of the Four-Star hotel do have thinner walls, which means you may hear some footsteps and muffled conversations during your stay. But the unbelievably comfortable beds should make up for that.
4. You must visit the bar. The bar at this quaint luxury London hotel is not to be missed, with head barman Antonio Pizzuto holding court. His martinis and classic cocktails are perfection, and his entertaining stories make them taste even better.
5. There’s no formal restaurant. Breakfast is served in the dining room each morning, and you can order from the luxury hotel’s room service menu at all hours of the day — and request to eat your meal in the dining room, drawing room, bar area or in your own guest room. It’s your choice.