Answers from Our Experts (1)
With such a long, rich history as a luxury hotel, there’s much to learn about The Savoy. Here are a few things to expect when you check into this tony Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel:
1. Half of its rooms are in the Edwardian style inspired by the era of the hotel’s openings, while half are in the art deco style that was present during the height of its popularity in the 20th century.
2. The American Bar has been called the best in the world, and is worth a visit for one of its classic signature cocktails or tribute Champagne cocktails.
3. Live piano music follows guests throughout the hotel, from the Thames Foyer in the afternoon to the American Bar in the evening. The Beaufort Bar even has a nightly burlesque/cabaret show.
4. The London hotel gets a little hectic in the afternoon as the crowds pack in for back-to-back afternoon tea sittings.
5. Tea - or coffee - making facilities are set up in all rooms and suites.