Roman opulence in the heart of London
8 Treatment Rooms
What strikes you first as you arrive at The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel London at Ten Trinity Square is the glow. The reception area is clad in shimmering gold, giving the impression that you’re walking into a treasure trove.
Step through into the wet spa area, and you’re dazzled again, this time by a wash of silver, whose effect is further heightened by the undulations on the surface of the 46-foot swimming pool.
The spa reception’s curving walls echo those of the atrium at the heart of the hotel upstairs, but this brand-new, purpose-built space otherwise gives no hint as to the historic nature of the building now home to Four Seasons Hotel London at Ten Trinity Square. Instead, the décor evokes the city’s ancient Roman history.
It took seven years to create the hotel and spa within the grand 1920s shell of the Port of London Authority building, but it’s certainly been worth the wait. The spa is a boon for hotel guests, but it’s also likely to be highly prized by the busy workers of the local area, the U.K.’s financial center, since it’s open to non-residents for treatments, as well as for day spa visits.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• The glimmering hotel spa offers 18,083 square feet of luxe relaxation with eight treatment rooms, including a spacious Spa Suite for couples and a special Hammam Suite for private steam services.
• The London spa marks the U.K. debut of German skin-care brand Amala, inspiring treatments like Nature’s Purest Facial, which draws on organic plant-based ingredients such as narcissus, algae and butterfly bush to brighten and smooth the skin.
• Reflecting the architecture of London’s ancient Roman history, the hotel’s spa features classical columns and clean lines. Designer Joseph Caspari created an atmosphere of timeless serenity with a color palette of silver and grey tones paired with natural woods.
• The spa features a menu of treatments designed specifically for men, including the Tekmida Hammam Ritual for Him, a combination of exfoliation, massage and steam to improve blood circulation and relax tense muscles.
• The facilities include a luscious wet lounge for enjoyment before your treatment with a sauna, steam room, power showers, lap pool and vitality pool as well as quiet relaxation areas.
Things to Know
• If you’re short on time, check out the spa’s Express Destress menu, which features a selection of 30- to 45-minute scrubs, massages and facials that can be booked alone or tacked onto longer treatments.
• The beautiful silver and stone Hammam Suite can be booked for 60- and 120-minute treatments for individuals or couples.
• Unlike most facilities, The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel London welcomes guests between the ages of 12 and 16 for a limited selection of treatments. However, they must be accompanied by an adult.
• There are various 180-minute treatments available in the couple’s suite, including the MarocMaroc Ultimate Sensory Hammam Journey For Two, which begins with a steam bath, deep black soap scrub and Miel d’Ambre scrub in the dedicated Hammam Suite next door, and concludes with an energizing full-body massage with Onguent d’Argan.
• The spa’s partners have been carefully selected to create a varied treatment menu that responds to a wide range of guest needs. British brand ESPA combines aromatherapy with leading scientific expertise, while Dr. Burgener Switzerland specializes in anti-aging technology.
• For an all-encompassing experience, book one of the Autograph treatments, like the Salt Stone Restorative Ritual, which includes a foot bath and rub, warm stone massage and scalp massage.
• The expectant mother will enjoy the 60- or 90-minute prenatal treatment that includes back exfoliation, body and scalp massage to soothe sore muscles and relax the mind.
• Along with the lap pool, the spa boasts a vitality pool with air and water jets, sauna and steam rooms and a fitness center.
• The gym, which is open 24 hours a day for the convenience of guests who want to stick to their regular workout regimens while away from home, has both strength machines and cardiovascular equipment.
• Couples, or individuals seeking a wholly private space during their time at the luxury spa, can book the Spa Suite, which features a couple’s treatment room, changing area and steam shower.
• Manicures and pedicures, including several treatments designed specifically with men in mind, are available at the Finishing Studio.