Answers from Our Experts (1)
The cuisine at Hotel Bel-Air is first rate, from the cocktails and appetizers to the entrées at the signature Wolfgang Puck restaurant. Here are some dishes we’re still talking about:
1. Huevos rancheros. The hearty Mexican breakfast dish includes crispy tortillas layered with fresh eggs and guacamole in a pool of deep red salsa.
2. Smoked salmon plate. Our favorite hotel breakfast of all time is this delightful plate of bright smoked salmon with herbed cream cheese, lemon, capers and heirloom tomatoes served with crispy toast points.
3. Nancy Reagan’s chopped salad. The former first lady’s salad includes grilled Jidori chicken, aged cheddar, avocado and a Meyer lemon vinaigrette.
4. Dover sole. The flaky and moist Dover sole is a signature at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel; each season the dish gets modified slightly. During a fall visit, the sole was paired with a Tuscan inspired cauliflower purée, toasted almonds, capers and golden raisins.
5. Tortelloni pasta. Another seasonal dish, this starter featured kabocha squash, mascarpone and crush amaretti cookies when we dined recently.